Sunday, June 7, 2009

Welcome to the Chinese Toolbox blog.

The primary objective of this blog is to document the development of the Chinese Toolbox project. Secondly, it’s a place where I can elaborate on subjects that may not fit into the structure of the Chinese Toolbox website.

June 7, 2009 marks the beginning of a new phase of the Chinese Toolbox project. The second major release of Chinese Toolbox FREE is complete and stable, and the Chinese Toolbox website has just undergone a major update. The promoting of Chinese Toolbox FREE now commences.

Though ChineseToolbox.com has been online for about two years, it has been virtually invisible on the Internet. I published the Chinese Toolbox website in 2007 and in August of that year I made the program available for download. A few people found my website and downloaded the program, but until recently, I never made a point to promote either the website or the program. After publishing the program and website in 2007, I continued to focus solely on developing the program.

With a solid foundation (the program and the website), I now begin the task of getting the word out. This involves registering my software and website in various web directories, uploading the program to software download sites, and contacting people in schools and universities where Chinese is taught. I am also beginning development of features to be released in Chinese Toolbox FREE 9.2, planned for release in August 2009.

If you download and use Chinese Toolbox FREE, even if only briefly, please send me an email. Nothing would please me more than to know people are using my software. And of course, I want to know your impressions, positive or negative.

Thank-you for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me